MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Password Rest(Change) via Email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I look around almost all MyBB Plugins so that i can add functionality for users to reset (Change) their password via email confirmation. Exactly in same manner as currently we change email address.

This is very important for users whose password get hacked. Please Provide a solution
No Answer so far.

Is there any tutorial. I know php so, i can do it manually if i get some help through small tutorial.

I need it for some security reason in my forum. Please help.
There is a core feature if I'm not mistaken: http://community.mybb.com/member.php?action=lostpw
Enter your email and you will receive a link to that email which will allow you to change your password.
(2014-04-02, 05:49 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]There is a core feature if I'm not mistaken: http://community.mybb.com/member.php?action=lostpw
Enter your email and you will receive a link to that email which will allow you to change your password.

Many Thanks for your reply.

I was looking solution for little different problem. My need is that when a user change his password from userCP. He must confirm it by clicking a confirmation link sent on his email. So there is 2 way to make it happen

1st.
User Click on Change Password Link from userCP. A confirmation link should be sent on his email behind the scene and A message is displayed to him saying that he need to click on confirmation link sent on his registered email.
So when he click on the link from his email it should now show him the current password changing page in userCP. Once he change the password again an email should be sent saying that you have successfully changes the password.

2nd.
User Click on Change Password Link from userCP. password change page will open as currently it is. User changes password. Now behind the scene a confirmation email should be sent on the user registered email and a message is displayed saying that he need to click on confirmation link before new password is applied.
Hi

I am still need of solutions for this problem. Request to mybb team. Please Help me in this issue