MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Forums Version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would be nice to see the version number Mybb Forums is currently using, to give some people confidence that the latest release is stable enough for you to use it Smile

I know the majority if not all other forum software creators display the version they are using

Just my 2 cents Rolleyes
Do you think we run RC4?
Ummmmm, does it really matter what version that this forum uses?
Sye Wrote:Would be nice to see the version number Mybb Forums is currently using, to give some people confidence that the latest release is stable enough for you to use it Smile

I know the majority if not all other forum software creators display the version they are using

Just my 2 cents Rolleyes
Well - everything above and 1.2 is _stable_, we wouldn't release it if not. Every version has it's bugs of course. But I don't see why it's really needed to display the version number here.
Tikitiki Wrote:Do you think we run RC4?

Who knows the version number is hidden Toungue
The version number is hidden for security reasons...the same reason that version numbers are hidden by default when MyBB is installed.

Simply put, if we weren't satisfied that a MyBB release was in a fit enough state to use, we wouldn't release it.
Go to the AdminCP. There's a setting (in general settings I think) to show or hide the version numbers.
I think it is safe to assume that whatever version is being run here is either the latest version available to the public or the next major version that will be ready for release soon enough. We would tell you (in a thread) if it was running the next major version, like what we did when we upgraded the Community Forums to 1.2 before 1.2 was released.

Galen Wrote:Go to the AdminCP. There's a setting (in general settings I think) to show or hide the version numbers.
I think they are talking about here. Smile
Musicalmidget Wrote:Simply put, if we weren't satisfied that a MyBB release was in a fit enough state to use, we wouldn't release it.
Which is why we do not give definite release dates.

Sye Wrote:Who knows the version number is hidden Toungue

Would you think we would really spend the time to make RC4 look like and function like MyBB 1.2.x? Why not just use 1.2.x?