MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb_datacache slow query?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason, every now and then, my server slows way way down, as in multi-second page generation times. After looking around at things, I've found that on occasion the mybb_datacache table can take upwards of 5 seconds to query.

I'm sure it's more a problem with my own settings, as I'm no DBA, but I hope someone here can help me trim the times down a bit.

I'm sitting pretty with a 1.5GB database, mostly in posts, which I don't think should be affecting the cache. We do have a consistent 30-50 guests. We're running on 2 servers, one for the web server and one for the database. The DB server IIRC has 1.5GB of RAM, which is probably not enough but it's what we can afford.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be more than happy to hear them!
No suggestions or ideas?
Not even a "Sorry we got nuthin'?"
I have somewhat similar issue, though not sure exactly the same. Occasionally it will just spin and spin and spin when clicking a link. Click stop on the browser, then make another click and it loads in half a second. 90% of the time it's extremely quick. Seriously couldn't ask for it to be any quicker. But 10% of the time...

It's got nothing to do with resources as resources aren't even close to spiking, but something is frequently 'holding it back'