MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shoutbox Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Just moved from phpbb which i was playing with (terrible support for common issues) to myBB and v pleased so far!! Big Grin

Ive added the shoutbox mod to the forum index on www.FreeCannabis.com but there are two issues:

1. the image collapse.gif is not showing but cant figure out why as the file path looks okay?

2. when i click view full shoutbox i get a page but with no input area ie shoutbox ?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Okay, I figure #1 above out. The template had incorrectly named files the shout box had the correct file names so easy fix.

#2 looks like its meant to be like that ?

Any help would be cool
Do you have a test account? This way I can see the problem first had. Also what is the shoutbox mod you are using?
.... vẫn chưa hiểu lắm việc bạn đang muốn nói
Hi guys, im using this shoutbox:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/dvz-shoutbox

The issue I am now facing is on the sever side, i received this yesterday:

We have previously notified you that your hosting account with username 'xxxxxx' has exceeded our resource usage policy. This is an automated follow-up message to advise that our systems have detected further unusual activity on your account. As this has occurred within 30 days of the previous notification we are documenting this in the same ticket.

A 'dynamic execution' is an execution of a PHP or CGI script in your account. Your account is permitted to perform up to 1,300 executions in a single hour, with a maximum of 13,000 per 24 hours. In the past hour your account has hit the hourly execution limit of 1,300 executions in just 38 minutes.

This does not look like regular traffic, as our systems have detected a large flood of requests coming from multiple IP addresses. This usually indicates that someone was attempting to attack your site, either to hack it or attempt to take it offline. As a result of this, to protect your web site we have automatically blocked the offending IP addresses to prevent them being able to reach your site. The IP addresses we have blocked are as follows:

Is this caused by the chat box ? it looks like it as theres not much else and it only happened after it was installed!

Is there anything i can do to reduce the load ??

Thanks again
Change to a host that has a better CPU load limit. Normally they are around 25%. Yes it could be your shoutbox. The only way I can think of to take load off is to NOT have the shoutbox on every page. Apart from that I would try a different host with a bigger load limit. I used hosting24.com a long time ago with my first myBB forum. Hit my load time and never went back to them lol
(2014-04-03, 05:11 PM)LordOfSpoon Wrote: [ -> ]Change to a host that has a better CPU load limit. Normally they are around 25%. Yes it could be your shoutbox. The only way I can think of to take load off is to NOT have the shoutbox on every page. Apart from that I would try a different host with a bigger load limit. I used hosting24.com a long time ago with my first myBB forum. Hit my load time and never went back to them lol

Fair comment, but I think most cheap >£10 pmth will have similar restrictions.

It turns out it was the shoutbox mod - I've had to get rid of it.

Thanks all who replied

FreeCannabis.com