MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Replacing Icons with Glyphicons?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to replace the

1) Expand Collapse (collapse.gif, collapse_collapsed.gif) icons
2) Forum Status (on.gif, off.gif, offlock.gif) icons

With Bootstrap glyphicons? Without any core edits?

I think this will require edits in the file "general.js" but I am not sure. I am not very experienced with javascript though. Anyone care to help me out with this?

Edit: Sorry, posted in wrong forum accidentally. Please move this to Theme support forum. Thanks
I did it with the forum status icons in GoSeries actually. All you have to do is add the class for on/off/offlock to the icon, like this: <i class="fa fa-icon onoffoflockclasshere"></i>

Then just style them with .on, .off, .offlock in your css.

With the collapse images, they're a little harder. You could probably do something with img[src=] selector and :before. Throw some text-indent: -9999px; and some css magic and it should work.

Sorry it was so vague, I haven't worked with MyBB in ages, but hopefully you know some of what I mean here. xD
Thanks for the hint Eric. I will try this out now. Smile
No problem, I should explain a bit more about :before just in case, you can use content: ""; with icons like FontAwesome like so: content: "\f054";

Again you might have known that just wanted to throw it in there in case. ^.^