MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Creating a torrent based forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I wanted to know if one could make a forum like TMS Torrents(www.tmstorrents.com) or any other torrent site in which on can create the post depending on the number of people Seeding and leeching.

Thank You
I'm not familiar with the forum you mentioned, but I'd presume you would need your own modification or plugin to do that Wink
Based on the torrent showing how many people are seeding or leeching
Eh, isn't Torrents the same thing as Wares/Nulled files?
NightRider Wrote:Eh, isn't Torrents the same thing as Wares/Nulled files?

Some Linux distributions (and other OSes and large open-source programs) are distributed via torrents. Why? Well the way torrent works lessens the load and bandwidth needed if there were only one server doing all the distributing. You can read about Bittorrents on Wikipedia. The Bittorrent protocol itself is not illegal, but the use of it to distribute illegal programs is what gives it the bad reputation. But this is not the topic of discussion here on this thread.
Okay well I was just checking cause their are many meanings
Yeah! Dennis is right the bittorrent network tries to distribute the load on the server by looking for seeders and downloading equally from all sources.But unfortunately most of the torrents are illegal warez or other such things.
Could anyone let me know if there is a mod or plugin to use this.
FYI...I am seriously considering making one.
If you are able to make one please also help me.