MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP Categories and forums not showing up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
La de Vie Surréelle, L3C
http://surreelle.com/

Quote:Not Found
The requested URL /forum-5.html was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I get different page numbers when I click on different forums but basically it's the same message on every category and forum I make. I know I must have screwed something up during configuration but I don't know what. I did turn on search engine friendly urls earlier but what would keep that from working?

Auriel Huh
Try checking your .htaccess file. If you can't see your .htaccess file in your cPanel or FTP Client be sure to show your hidden files.
(2014-04-06, 03:41 AM)LordOfSpoon Wrote: [ -> ]Try checking your .htaccess file. If you can't see your .htaccess file in your cPanel or FTP Client be sure to show your hidden files.

I see the file but what am I looking for in the file?

I forgot to rename the file .htaccess it was still htaccess.txt
Sorry for the Blond moment LordOfSpoon
Thank you for the help.
Copy everything it, then cut all the text. Save it and see it if it works.
LordOfSpoon,

Thank you. Your original suggestion worked immediately. I forgot to rename the file .htaccess, it was still named htaccess.txt

Simply renamed it and everything worked great after that.

I changed this thread to SOLVED just so I wouldn't waste anybody's time further on this.

Once again thank you very much for your help.