MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CSS for moving the entire page's position up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2014-04-07, 01:33 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I did not help on your post because I did not want to download your global.css when a clickable link to see the code in the browser is what is needed.

After reading the tone of your reply to someone who did try to help you - well, if you are so sure what to do why not just do it?

Wow I'm amazed by your critical thinking skills. NOT.

People that are quick to judge don't make good programmers as a general rule. They make expensive mistakes on projects and rarely take responsibility for their failure in judgement.

Did you miss all of my other posts where I repeatedly thank everyone that has helped me and even paid people that never asked me for a dime? Speakup, I didn't hear you say that you don't know much about me? Is that what you were saying? I thought so.

I asked where the rule was and what it was named in the global.css not what to do after I found it. I wasn't rude or disrespectful. You on the other hand assumed something utterly without merit.

Try testing your own assumptions before testing mine.

If you were here to help then help. I would have been glad to pay you for your advice but you have all but guaranteed that I would never hire you because of your attitude.

Now is there a style book which holds the comments on the code in the CSS that are non-existent? I really have work to do and I'm here for help from people that AREN'T hypercritical and know next to nothing about me.

Moving along then . . .

When I first started this thread I thought I needed to change the position of the logo and was looking for the rule and comment in the CSS code.

Nobody could tell me where it was.

Then I was told that it doesn't exist but that I could create the statement.

I took that advice, flushed the cache to my browser and nothing changed the position of the logo. At that moment I also realized that I was asking the wrong question and changed the title of the thread to reflect this new knowledge.

I next asked how to change the space between the Welcome and the bottom of the logo without changing the position of the logo relative to the top or left hand side of the page layout.

It was suggested to me that I remove the Menu which I don't want to do and shouldn't have to do to move both the Menu, Welcome and the rest of the forum's relative position upwards.

I know how to code local and remote CSS I've even provided an example of a website that has both remote CSSS and local CSS. I maintain over 30 non-profit, philanthropic websites and don't have a lot of time to but it would save a huge amount of time if someone had commented the default CSS in the first place but failing that it doesn't seem unreasonable to ask if somebody with experience knows which statement defines the rules for what parts of the layout? Is there seriously no documentation for this? I'm used to reading manuals. I'm not too lazy to read and find the information if it exists.

Help please.

Respectfully,

Auriel

Thanks but I'd rather waste hours looking up the information and experimenting than be the subject of contempt from people in this community who I've offered to even pay for advice and in return . . .
Gosh what a long post. Still no link.
Why would I be expected to post a link for somebody that so far has only belittled me?
http://summerlandengineering.org/global.css

The XML if that provides some insight.
http://summerlandengineering.org/Foundat...-theme.xml
I meant the link to your site so I could see it in the browser - but I figured that out.

Add this to global.css

.menu {
margin-top: -25px;
}
(2014-04-07, 05:41 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I meant the link to your site so I could see it in the browser - but I figured that out.

Add this to global.css

.menu {
margin-top: -25px;
}

Thank you and I'll test it now and get back to you.

Worked like a charm
Again thank you very much.
(2014-04-15, 10:31 PM)zalta1980 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately there isn't any stanza(not stanza but rule)to control the primary logo, but you can add it yourself.Just go to your global.css and add this rule to the beginning/end of the page:

zalta,

If you read the thread you'll see that LeeFish had the solution and the small line of code that I needed to move not the logo but then entire board up so that the top of the Menu was flush with the bottom of the logo. If you take a look at the logo design you can see what the problem and solution was.

Thank you for trying to help.

Auriel

PS: Right now I need a solution on how to control the size of the my Avatars throughout the forums. I can't find where the name, type and size that defines the avatars is located. If you know then help with this please.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-152819.html
Pages: 1 2