MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Making a forum.. like HF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2014-04-07, 02:29 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-07, 02:20 AM)Anarchy Wrote: [ -> ]Hack Forums falls under US laws and is legal but I understand reasons why it is not allowed here. But if he chooses to go down a pure white-hat path there is absolutely no reason that MyBB should deny support for such a forum.

Even White-Hat resources can be used for black-hat hacking.

If the community falls under white-hat it is purely legal. That community will not be responsible for the private action of which the user uses it for.

I will be strict about my community any black hat or illegal content will be removed immediately.
Alright - You're going this way.

(2014-04-07, 02:20 AM)Anarchy Wrote: [ -> ]But if he chooses to go down a pure white-hat path there is absolutely no reason that MyBB should deny support for such a forum.

It's your choice to make a board about hacking. It's MyBB's choice who to supply support readily to.
(2014-04-07, 02:20 AM)Anarchy Wrote: [ -> ]I myself and starting a forum similar to HF it is not an easy process it will take true dedication. If you don't got dedication you don't got a forum.

(2014-04-06, 09:11 AM)Kaeden Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't suited to Support.

Hack Forums falls under US laws and is legal but I understand reasons why it is not allowed here. But if he chooses to go down a pure white-hat path there is absolutely no reason that MyBB should deny support for such a forum.

If 100% legal sites can be posted then why should a 100% legal site with a 100% legal white hat hacking section be denied or not supported.

To be fair, maybe Laborcca doesn't allow the black hat chat on his site, but look at the "hacking" section, it's full of things like RATing other people, and stuff alike. That's certainly not something MyBB wants to provide support for. Realistically, HF is a great knowledge base, but not really much of a hacking site, more people who have minimal knowledge and want to be dicks with the knowledge they have. I'm sure that I'm going to offend some of the prominent HF members, but it's simply the truth.

Also, you need to take into account, that there is SO much competition on hacking boards, unless you've got a fair bit of money for advertising and DDoS protection, and server administration knowledge, you might as well forget it. You'll need to run at least a VPS as shared hosting will kick you off on the first attack you get, and yes you'll get plenty of DDoS attacks once you get enough publicity. Copying other forums simply isn't a good niche, you're going to get the scum of what's left of the forum you're copying.

Realistically, the idea behind being like HF is using the WAY too overused tabbed menu, Ficons, My Awards, etc, and then creating 100 forums that you don't need.

So my final words would be, if you want to create a unique white hat knowledge base, then go for it. If you're looking to mimic HF (even if you're gonna be slightly different) then don't bother.
I think I didn't make myself clear: I was refering to the fact that the thread isn't suited to the support section (where the OP posted it initially), hence I moved it to Web Development and Administration.
Pages: 1 2