MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: nocache header, IE6 problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone.

I have a problem with many users that have IE6, none of the page is up to date, and the only way to solve this, is pressing CTRL+F5.

From the options, I have set "yes" on "Send No Cache Headers" end "no" for "Send Standard Headers".

What can I do? This problem is only with IE6.

I was checking in all files named "%cache%" to check if there are some error that I can correct myself, and in "inc/class_datachache.php", on line 70, 71 and 116 I've found a "$$name".
$this->cache[$name] = $$name;
unset($$name);

$cachecontents .= "\$$name = ".var_export($contents, true).";\n\n ?>";

Thanks of attention.
$$name creates a dynamic variable from the string of $name. For example say $name = "test"; then $$name would actually be $test

Does it work if you turn on "send standard headers"? I've seen nothing that would make the send no cache headers not work in IE6.
Tikitiki Wrote:$$name creates a dynamic variable from the string of $name. For example say $name = "test"; then $$name would actually be $test
Tanks for the information. Big Grin

I'll try setting "yes" for standard header... thanks.
If that does not work, can you provide us with the URL to your forums so we can see if the no-cache headers are really being sent and working correctly?