MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Search Engine Optimisation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded the Google SEO plugin but I noticed on webmaster that my forum had over 500 'Acess denied' by google because of it, and when I deactivated that plugin google was able to access my forum again so I don't plan on using that plugin anymore.

Apart from content what else can I be doing to improve SEO.

Here's my forum, I'm trying to reach #1 on google for 'UK Personal Finance Forum'. I currently fluctuate between number 4-6 at the moment but most google users naturally click the first link on the result page

Also could you tell me what else on my forum could be improved.
I think those errors may have been due to configuration issues.

Anyway, maybe adding some descriptions to the forum sections will help with SEO, just make sure it's good content, not just BS to increase keyword usage. That's also helpful for users as it helps them make a better decision when thinking about where to post something even though it may seem obvious from just the category name.
Another one is external,get someone to send lots of High Page Rank links
You can do some yourself if you want,or try to hire some one to do it at fiverr.com,but often,it is easy to hire someone that will send you boatloads of links that do keep working,that can make you look worse.
I work cheap ,if you ever need help.
But the biggest thing is to try to do the best to look natural,and do not stop after you start,even if it is like 10 to 20 links a day.
(2014-04-14, 06:58 AM)sliceofhome Wrote: [ -> ]Another one is external,get someone to send lots of  High Page Rank links
You can do some yourself if you want,or try to hire some one to do it at fiverr.com,but often,it is easy to hire someone that will send you boatloads of links that do keep working,that can make you look worse.
I work cheap ,if you ever need help.
But the biggest thing is to try to do the best to look natural,and do not stop after you start,even if it is like 10 to 20 links a day.

Hi Jay,
Hope you're good, I just ran across this post and I thought I'd post my thoughts on this.

There are lots of things that you can do to improve your site's SEO, first off, I would start off with learning the fundamentals of on-page SEO. As you'll need to tell Google WHAT keywords you want to rank for, before then proceeding with the link building process (most important part).

Have you ever tried using Scrapebox to automate the link building process at all? It's worthwhile investigating, I've found some success with it especially when building silo structures. You'll need some footprints and keywords, possibly some proxies too. I have linked a site that I regularly use, they talk about Scrapebox all the time, it's worth checking them out.

If you have any questions, please do let me know, we can discuss this further on Skype or something. But yes, learn some on-page SEO first, get to grips of the basics like heading tags, alt tags, structuring, schema markup etc - that'll be a good starting point.