MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Deleting spam problems with missing forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since starting my forum I've had a huge problem with spam. I've tried captcha's, manual questions, etc. it's helped but not fixed it. It looks like there's some good plugins out there so I'll check that out once this problem is fixed.

There was one user who had posted a majority of what was currently on the forum. I deleted all of his/her posts manually from MySQL from the posts table and threads table. The "Last Post" info was still showing up on the homepage of the forums. I went into the forums table.

This happened a few weeks ago. I don't know what happened but I think I deleted each forum the user had a lost post in. I guess I assumed that all forum information wasn't contained in that one column that I deleted. So I essentially deleted a handful of forums from the "mybb_forums" table. Now they are missing from my message board.

I just want to get the forums up and working as they were and then I can deal with any spam issues.

The way I've tried fixing it is to just re-enter the information into the mybb_forums table. I re-entered one forum exactly as it should appear. I used the other existing forum columns as a reference. The forum still isn't showing up in the homepage.

Is there something else I need to do? My goal is just to get those missing forums up and running. Right now they are non-existent. My attempt at re-entering the forum information in mybb_forums isn't working.
AdminCP -> Tools & maintenance -> Recount & Rebuild.

Rebuild everything accept attachments.

Also I would suggest this plugin.

http://mods.mybb.com/view/stopforumspam-com-for-mybb