MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avatar Directory Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Evening all, I have been noticing a recurring issue with my board.

I am having issues with the avatar directory and being told it needs to be CHMOD'd. I am unsure as to what is causing this to change. I have disabled all plugins and using default theme yet it continues to happen.

I am using MyBB 1.6.12

Here is a screenshot of the issue:

[attachment=31324]

To resolve it, I have to FTP into the settings.php file and correct the folder path.

I have also noticed it doesn't recognise any of the new avatar galleries added to the folder.

This is what is in the avatar folder:

[attachment=31325]

This is what is shown on change avatar page:

[attachment=31326]

Just wondering if anyone has come across this before and the best way to resolve if you have.

Thanks in advance

Chris
Change the chmod permision 777! Open filezilla or other client transfer,and setting the number 777 on permision!
It doesn't matter if I change the permissions or not, they don't seem to stay set. Also, I have noticed on another installation that the directory is CHMOD'd to 0755 and it has never changed in the tools and maintenance section
(2014-04-08, 02:12 PM)wilcochris Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't matter if I change the permissions or not, they don't seem to stay set. Also, I have noticed on another installation that the directory is CHMOD'd to 0755 and it has never changed in the tools and maintenance section

That's a server issue, does your host grant you permission to change permissions of all file-types ? (CHMOD)
Yeah, I have the option to CHMOD the files and folders. It's not really a server issue as I have 2 forums on the same server and only 1 of them is giving me the issue experienced. It's just bizarre that it keeps doing it