MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converting Skins from Version to Version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am wondering if there is anything on converting skins from an old version (e.g. 1.0.x or 1.1.x) to the most current version (1.2.2) or, if I haven't searched right, a howto to convert skins? If needed I am a programmer and my friend is a web designer so all we need is a "Convert Skins for dummies" book and we'll be on our way Toungue
It's easier to remake the skin than to convert it. If you are a programmer and your friend is a designer then this shouldn't be a challenge.
Except since I'm new to myBB I don't know a single thing about template converting.
You'd need to read up on the changes affecting templates in between the versions. For instance, in 1.2 all template variables have {} around them like so: {$hello} and {$array['hello']} which is a major change from the earlier versions.
DrPoodle Wrote:You'd need to read up on the changes affecting templates in between the versions. For instance, in 1.2 all template variables have {} around them like so: {$hello} and {$array['hello']} which is a major change from the earlier versions.

But that's not really a necessary update. It's just so it's prettier, also array within a class won't work without {} brackets.
$mybbuser and $settings are deprecated. $mybb->user and $mybb->settings now.