MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Google SEO Plugin] How to get thread IDs without reverting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I often need thread IDs for various tasks and I always have to go to plugins, revert Google SEO, go back to the thread, refresh to get the TID, then back to the plugin again and engage GSEO again. Is there some other easier way?
The quickest way (when viewing the thread) is to hover over the star ratings and retrieve the tid from the link:

http://community.mybb.com/ratethread.php?tid=152744&rating=blah&my_post_key=blah
Ahh.. Star ratings. Okay. I knew there must be so.e loophole somewhere to get it. Thanks.
Star rating is a bit obscure as not every forum uses it; reply (newreply.php) or print (printthread.php) also shows the ID in the URL. As does the archive mode.

Ideally you should not need the ID anywhere. If you have another plugin that does something with threads and wants to know the ID for it, it should just display a button on the thread page itself, or work with the thread selectors as the moderation tools do.
(2014-04-10, 11:25 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]If you have another plugin that does something with threads and wants to know the ID for it, it should just display a button on the thread page itself, or work with the thread selectors as the moderation tools do.

I agree, but that isn't always the case and I have had to find ways to get uid and tid info so I was just passing it on.

But you're right, star ratings are certainly not the only way to figure out the tid of a thread.
(2014-04-11, 12:50 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-10, 11:25 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]If you have another plugin that does something with threads and wants to know the ID for it, it should just display a button on the thread page itself, or work with the thread selectors as the moderation tools do.

I agree, but that isn't always the case and I have had to find ways to get uid and tid info so I was just passing it on.

But you're right, star ratings are certainly not the only way to figure out the tid of a thread.

@Frost. I need the TID for certain other plugins in backend. One of them being ASB, the other being Posts Required To Access Threads.. Off the top of my head

Now seeing I can hover over stars, Threaded Mode | Linear Mode | Send this Thread to a Friend | Subscribe to this thread. Surprised I didn't notice this before, but they all work. Thanks again for the tips.
I need to incorporate IDs into my URLs in anticipation of migrating to another script -- having SEO-generated URLs is a massive barrier to setting up redirects with almost all forum software. Search around.

Without sacrificing Google SEO, what must be added to .htaccess to display thread IDs?