MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme won't change ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am editing to make this simpler and to give more information.

I installed MyBB - and it works fine, but I want to change the general appearance.
Admin - Templates & Styles
Default (edit style)
Global.css (edit style)
Advanced

No changes I make in Body {} or #container have any effect on any part of the forums.

the simplest thing I could find to try was..

background: black;
color: white;

But setting this in any part that I have tried, does not change it anywhere in the forums. Sad

I don't understand what I am missing.
Why have an entry in the .css for body if it does not represent Any part of the pages? and Where do I make changes that someone will actually see?
(2014-04-13, 07:08 AM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]http://docs.mybb.com/Admin_CP_Themes.html

I have read it already, it didn't help.
Example..
Quote:Body: General body of the page.
See above, where I explained changing everything in the body {} section and had No changes to the forums.

Let me ask it another way? and the answer will tell me how to find the rest...

How do I change the background of my forums to Black and the text to White?

I have tried changing things in every part of global.css and none of it changes anything.
When I look at the page source it shows that it is loading it, but the forums look exactly the same no matter what I change.

This has frustrated me to the point of crying, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I think I will just make apologies and tell everyone to use facebook, and close the site down.
Are you using something like Cloudflare? If the stylesheet is cached it wont show immediately.
(2014-04-13, 02:14 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using something like Cloudflare? If the stylesheet is cached it wont show immediately.

It will if you go to Development Mode or purge the file or cache (you might have to do a hard refresh on your browser).