MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who is really online?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Our webpage, forums and basically the whole server was moved to a better hardware. It works almost all fine, but since then the 'Who is online' part shows funny results. Some people appear there when they are visiting the forums, some are not. The locations showing on the Who is online page are also wrong, everybody who is shown is on the main page. At their postings in the threads it shows properly online, though.

I thought there might be a problem with the cookies, so I told the members to sign out, close the browser, delete all the cookies belonging to our site, open the browser again ang sign in again. In some cases it helped, but there are still memebers not showing.

Any ideas what else could cause this problem?

Thanks,
E.
My guess (but I cant be certain having never had this problem) is that is some issue with your hardware.

For: Once the server here went funny. And people were on at all times of the day, and back and forth, and it wasn't a nice site. If I recall correctly, something to do with the servers timing or something.

Perhaps you have some problem like it??
Quote:everybody who is shown is on the main page
That sounds very related to a different problem I remember. Could you see if the solution mentioned at http://www.mybboard.com/community/showth...p?tid=1098 solves this problem?
Thanks a lot, just added the suggested modifications, and it seems to have worked. I have to test and investigate on it when the traffic is bigger, but already seems to be better. Smile
Hm, it seems I was wrong, it didn't help.
There are still users not showing on the main page on the mini statistic list of online people, but they show on the 'Who is online' page, and at their posts it is also showing that they are there.