MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Accidentally Deleted The Only Admin User
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I accidentally deleted the only user on my forum that was an Admin (also the only user registered on my forum in general).

Is there any way for me to create an Admin user (preferably with Filezilla)?

I tried to make a new user but I hadn't made an email for my forum to send emails from so I can't activate it.

Thanks in advance for the help

So now it is throwing me this error:

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'u684468430_xutem'@'10.1.2.5' (using password: YES)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

How did you delete the account? If it was the only one, ACP would block you because UID 1 is added to inc/config.php as super admin, which makes it invulnerable.

Anyways, I suggest reinstallation of MyBB.
(2014-04-13, 11:33 AM)MI-6 Wrote: [ -> ]So I accidentally deleted the only user on my forum that was an Admin (also the only user registered on my forum in general).

Is there any way for me to create an Admin user (preferably with Filezilla)?

I tried to make a new user but I hadn't made an email for my forum to send emails from so I can't activate it.

Thanks in advance for the help

So now it is throwing me this error:

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'u684468430_xutem'@'10.1.2.5' (using password: YES)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

looking at this I would just reinstall .... with the admin (user 1) being deleted and wrong database credentials it would be the easy option
If it's a clean install without posts/threads or a bunch of modifications, all you'd need to do is create a user, edit it in something like phpMyAdmin and set the UID to 1, and edit the group to 4 (I think that's the default admin group?). You don't even really NEED to set the UID to 1, but some plugins send mail and tuff from that UID, so you don't want someone else to end up with that UID.