MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Only admin and mods can see images in split thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Strangest thing I've seen. A mod split a thread. Now normal users and normal mods are seeing
[attachment=1234][attachment=5678]
Super Mods and admin are seeing the images no problem. Normal users and mods can see images in other threads no problem. It's just this split thread. Any ideas?

I have now used a test account and tested it multiple times. It's as I said above. Any ideas on this?
Are the attachments visible (as in, approved)?
Check the moderation queue perhaps.
The modqueue was empty. It was very strange. Maybe the attachments somehow became unapproved during the split, but didn't register with unapproved attachments?

I did test splits with other posts with attachments and there seemed to be no problem. it was only with this one thread.

It's very strange and wish I knew what the source issue was so can take steps to keep it from happening in the future.
Still no help on this???

I have even duplicated the post and reuploaded the images in the new post in the split thread and they still don't show for regular users. Just showing
[attachment=1234][attachment=4567]

Any help as to where I can begin to look for code or settings that might show or not show an attachment based on usergroup? Or any other suggestions? Though in other threads it's working fine. It's just in this split.

I have gone through and disabled every plugin 1 by 1 and still the same result. Registered users and mods can't see the attachments in this post, but super mods and admin can see it no problem.

I have moved the thread to a new forum. Thinking perhaps it had to do with the permissions in that particular forum. The issue persists.
Use the debug link ("advanced details") at the bottom of this thread page to view all the queries that are being performed.

To enable to debug page for non-admin users, edit inc/functions.php, find the first instance of:
if($mybb->usergroup['cancp'] == 1)
add before
		if($mybb->debug_mode == true)
		{
			debug_page();
		}
Then visit the page, adding "?debug=1" or "&debug=1" (where appropriate) to the URL.
Don't forget to revert the code edit afterwards.

On the debug page, look for a query like SELECT * FROM mybb_attachments WHERE pid IN
Check whether the post's ID (pid) is in the list following the "IN" term.

MyBB uses this query to pull attachment information, which it then uses to fix up the [attachment=] code in posts.