MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change Default Avatar, it's Format, Name?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Location of the default avatar in admin?
Location of file to change it's name and format?

Location for default avatar for the main site?
Location of file to change it's name and format?

Auriel
You should be able to Right Click > View Image to find that out. All modern browsers have a developer console too and should let you inspect the elements mentioned.
(2014-04-14, 03:11 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You should be able to Right Click > View Image to find that out. All modern browsers have a developer console too and should let you inspect the elements mentioned.

Thank you Nathan but I've used my browsers [ Inspect Element ] and 1.) it only gives me the relative path of the file and name; 2.) It doesn't tell me the name of the document it is parsing. The information being parsed isn't the pHp page that I'm right clicking on. It's coming from a css or some other document like a part of a theme or template. I'm almost ready to start tearing my hair out trying to find it. Seems like basic information like where the default avatar is would be made as easy to find as the logo on the face of the board. What is really aggravating is that I've found it before and just can't remember. I knew I should have wrote it down or saved the info.

I found where the default avatar code the defines it's placement and size but not where the link to the graphic is defined. Why wouldn't they have made it in the same document?

admin/styles/sharepoint/main.css
//Here are the lines that define the ACP logo which was relatively
//easy to take the original dimensions of the stock MyBB logo
//and insert my custom logo.

#logo h1 {
	background: #fff url(images/logo.ses.png) no-repeat top left;
	height: 100px;
	margin: 0 0 0px 0;
	padding: 0px;
}

//Here are the lines that define the position of the avatar.
//I confirmed this because the default size was like 80px
//and I enlarged that to 100px and was rewarded with an increased
//display space but the same sized default logo from only the one view.
//There appears to be at least 3 views of the default avatar located
//in 3 different places and none of them have the code and the path
//to the avatar together in the same place. Am I the only person
//that can see how weird this is?

.user_avatar {
    height: 100px;
    width: 100px;
    background: #fff;
    border: 1px solid #ccc;
    float: left;
    clear: left;
    margin-right: 5px;
    text-align: center;
}

.user_avatar img {
    vertical-align: middle;

Auriel
This is insane. Who worked on creating the avatar system? Are they no longer around to ask the information from. Why is there no documentation on something that I image a significant number of people would like to modify is they could. Our site uses people's real names and pictures so we need them large enough to be useful.

I need to know what files control the size of the actual avatar itself. I main.css controls the space size for the avatar but the command line for the size of the image is stored somewhere else for some reason whose logic escapes me at this time. Perhaps someone would like to enlighten me on why the location and spacing for the avatar and and the size of the avatar are in to completely different locations and also why there isn't a global control system for the avatar size and orientation for the entire site?

If this does in fact exist then where in the hell is it!!!??
Did you adjust all of these?

Go to Admin CP > Configuration > Settings > Show Thread Options > Maximum Avatar Dimensions in Posts
Go to Admin CP > Configuration > Settings > User Registration and Profile Options > Maximum Avatar Dimensions
Go to Admin CP > Configuration > Settings > Member List > Maximum Display Avatar Dimensions

This plugin may hold some clues as to selecting name and format, however it's paid:

http://yaldaram.com/thread-645.html
Like it says in the thread title, these settings aren't the problem. Changing the default file format and name is. Where is the file that controls the file format and default name. Oh and by the way where are the controls for the image size, format and name in the ACP?

Not that I can do anything now. My hosting company just informed me that (as if I hadn't noticed) my server and several others are MIA and that they will notify me (once again a pointless action) when it's back online. That's over 30 domains I'm responsible for. I've been with Bluehost for over 10 years and never had this happen before so this is an exceptional event.

I'm seriously unhappy. I have one site that's named Summerland and I have to have it done by Spring so that I have the season to attract the Summer crowd.

This is starting to damage my calm.
~ Paraphrasing Jayne Cobb

Auriel
Quote:and was rewarded with an increased

Okay man. Well in the actual content of your post, you said you couldn't get the images to show proper size, so figured I'd double check you've got these settings proper.

Did you check out the plugin I suggested? It could hold clues, as it makes adjustments to the avatar system in regards to type, name and it's picked from.

Regarding your host, I'd be surprised to see it go beyond a couple hours. Though that's enough to throw some stress in your day for sure. Hope it's back up and running ASAP.
(2014-04-17, 06:50 AM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:and was rewarded with an increased

Okay man. Well in the actual content of your post, you said you couldn't get the images to show proper size, so figured I'd double check you've got these settings proper.

Did you check out the plugin I suggested? It could hold clues, as it makes adjustments to the avatar system in regards to type, name and it's picked from.

Regarding your host, I'd be surprised to see it go beyond a couple hours. Though that's enough to throw some stress in your day for sure. Hope it's back up and running ASAP.

Thanks for the tip about the plugin. It was a paid membership plugin but I'm cool with that as long as it works. I'm still off line it's been more than 12 hours off line now. I'm seriously stressed.

Thanks again.
That plugin auto sets a random avatar from a given directory. You can choose one of .GIF .jpg .PNG. I just thought it might give clues to the info you need in regards to how the whole system works.
(2014-04-18, 04:24 AM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]That plugin auto sets a random avatar from a given directory. You can choose one of .GIF .jpg .PNG. I just thought it might give clues to the info you need in regards to how the whole system works.

Dr Xotick,

I bought a subscription to the site that created that plugin and unfortunately even though it's a useful plugin. It doesn't give one control of the size of the Avatar. So I'm back to square one. Aren't there any people from the MyBB development staff that come around to answer questions?

I mean somebody here has to know how to do this or MyBB couldn't exist in the first place.