MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OMG...Accidently Deleted My Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I hit the wrong button at my free host, the "self destruct" button and wiped out my forum. I have a MyBB backup is there any hope? It's a new forum thank goodness, not many posters. Any idea on where to go from here? I want to hurry and get it back up since I have been promoting it everywhere. Would I use the "merge" to do this? Thanks
Go to your hosting PHPmyadmin >> Import >> select database and import it.
Would I import the MyBB backup I made from the MyBB "Tools & Maintenance? When I hit the hosts "delete and restore", it warned it was wiping out all files and databases.

I guess I am pretty much screwed. I am just rebuilding the forum. Damn good thing I only had a member or two. To prevent something like this in the future, I guess I am a little confused as what to "backup".
I know I should backup all original MyBB files in the root folder, do a MyBB backup from the "Tools & Maintenance". Anything else?
No problem just unzip that bad boy and upload it through phpmyadmin
Did you completely erase the entire installation, or just the database?
Are you talking about MYBB directory or database???
No the button I pressed, (cant believe I did this my mind was somewhere else), gave me a BIG warning that continuing would wipe out all files, folders and databases on the host.

The only good thing is, I saved a webpage "image" of the forum that I was able to cut and paste from to rebuild my new fresh install. Which I have just completed.

The only "backup" I have, is the backup made by the old MyBB forum, from the ACP "Tools and Maintenance" area, downloaded in Gzip form.
If you have deleted your directory I am afraid you have to upload new files from MYBB package. But database can be uploaded if it was correctly downloaded!
Thanks Marcus, I think that's where I am getting confused. Again, I have rebuilt the forum from ground up with a fresh install.

But, where I am getting confused is, could I have just created a new database and imported the Gzip copy (backup) of MyBB to the new database? I probably need to find a thread were they give full instructions on reinstalling your forum after something like this.
Yes you can. Just make sure to after you import database edit .inc/config.php file
Pages: 1 2