MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Oversized Text Cursor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there.

So I have come across... well a bit of a unusual problem. I have not been able to find a solution to it anywhere. Basically my problem is that the text cursor when in the editor box is basically 10 times its normal size. You know the blinking cursor thats there when you type? It appeared at the same time the editor box got over sized. I had been editing the members profile page before noticing it. Adding tabs... I tried undoing everything step by step but nothing changed. Before that I had edited the post bit template which seemed more likely to cause a problem... but I copied the template I changed then reverted it to the original, hoping to at least confirm the problem was connected to this... but the issue was still there.

I was able to fix the size of the editor box with the help of this tutorial:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-75337.html

However that only fixed it for replies and full edits. Quick edits, the box is still over sized. And I just cant find any solutions for the over sized cursor... so if anyone it able to help... you have no idea how much it would mean to me. Screen shots of what I am talking about are below.

Oversized Cursor:
Image Removed

Oversized Quick Edit: (two screen shots with this because one could not capture the full box.)

First Half
Image Removed

Second Half
Image Removed

So any help please?
Also sorry for the large images...

-Selvester

EDIT: I removed the overly large images as this is solved anyway. Thanks again Leefish! (:
Okay well I managed to fix the second part of this problem. The over sized Quick edit box. However I still have an oversized cursor in the text boxed... The writing is normal sized, its just the cursor that is huge. Any help please? If you could even just direct me to a template to edit I may be able to figure it out by myself...
Check that you have not changed the line-height in the textarea. You can do this by using your browser and inspect the text-area element or please provide a forum url and a testing account.
I have looked for the line height, however I just can't seem to find it... I don't THINK I have changed it however... but I could be completely wrong in thinking that.

I have created a test acount though. The information is below:

Username: -
Password: -

EDIT: Forgot the URL sorry... It is: -
Site url? Smile

Ok, I tried it with the url and logged in - but the user you provided has not got the option to reply (quick reply not visible).

and back. The error was the line-height: 5 on the textarea in your global .css. All fixed now.
Thank you so much Leefish! Solved. (:
Welcome - please set to solved.