MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Premium Feature?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Okay well I know on IPB they have this and it would be nice to see it on here as well..Okay what this is were you can setup a price, uh lets say $2.50 a month, and members on the forums that wish to go Premium could pay the money every month (known as Donatiors)...This would let them get special things unlike regular members...Also it would keep count, or they could pay for however many months/days they wish to be premium members...

Its something I thought about asking for since ive seen alot of these type of features on other forum systems that are no as popular as MyBB...And the reason I wont use the other forum software, is that MyBB probably has the best support for free forum software, and always have someone on here to help...So if you could take this into consideration..

Thanks MyBB and others,

NightRider
NightRider Wrote:ive seen alot of these type of features on other forum systems that are no as popular as MyBB

Just out of curiosity, on which specific forum systems that are not as popular as MyBB did you see these features?
Um I think it was called ASP Net Forums, and couple others were like metricbb or something like that, they were not as big or as nice as Mybb
Currently a payment API hasn't been planned for the next release, but it's a good idea for 2.0 I think
I think this should be a plug-in and not a standard feature within MyBB.
In my opinion I think it should be a standard feature because corporations/businesses and people selling products on their forum could setup an Payment Gateway to sell their product and allow transactions through the Payment API. Donations could be a good one too. People who need that are probably picking vB/IPB/phpBB instead of us because we don't have that feature.
Yeah see, I was going to go to IPB cause I know for sure they have this...and I know alot of other places that could use a free forum system cause their not making enough money off their site to pay for the forum...If MyBB got one of these then MyBB would take over the "free forum hosting" and along with most improved forum hosting...

Cause think about it, many people that use the forums do it for the payment feature on it...I, would like to have a free forum system specially since this is a VERY nice forums, but the payment enable would be nice...
ummmm, let me gues, see we now can expect that we have to pay for MyBB in the future!!!
I was think MyBB that we will never need to pay for it, if anyone can tell us if we will have to pay or not, we want to be sure about that please Smile
No, keep MyBB free, but addon this already built in on the next MyBB...Like posted above not long ago, most people use the paid forums service because they have the option to charge for premium spots or so..MyBB stays free and adds this in then MyBB would be SO popular...
pepotiger Wrote:ummmm, let me gues, see we now can expect that we have to pay for MyBB in the future!!!
I was think MyBB that we will never need to pay for it, if anyone can tell us if we will have to pay or not, we want to be sure about that please Smile

No one had ever said MyBB would be paid for. And I would quit if it was. Also that said our lead manager, Chris Boulton, has already said time and time again MyBB will NEVER be a paid software.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6