MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Collapse [-] and expand [+]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2014-06-29, 07:36 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-29, 03:12 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]If they press the button inquisitively then the answer will soon be obvious...
Should you know that before pressing a button? Toungue

I would hope so, especially the one to launch the missiles Wink
(2014-06-29, 09:11 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-29, 07:36 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-29, 03:12 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]If they press the button inquisitively then the answer will soon be obvious...
Should you know that before pressing a button? Toungue

I would hope so, especially the one to launch the missiles Wink

My point still stands. When you hear the explosions your inquisitiveness will be averted. :p
Isn't it pretty standard for a collapse button to be located there on panels on most websites when the option is available? IMO I don't think a + or - sign represent that functionality better than the toggle switch. If its really a problem (which I don't believe it is) then it should be descriptive text like "Toggle Open" and "Toggle Closed." (I think this would be horrid) Someone who could not figure out the toggle switch would probably be just as confused with the +/- symbols.
An issue with using the + and - signs is for mobile devices it may not be big enough to be an easy tap target.
In my forums nobody ever found out about the collapse button. I think they believe it's just a pixel on the table bar. The new ones are looking better, but they are even more confusing. I'm using them on my forums just because they are looking better and are bigger, but maybe an appropriate tooltip or up and down arrows might help.

@dragonexpert you're right with mobile devices, the signs are barely visible and it's a trial and error job to target them.
Pages: 1 2