MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Monetization Help/Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

We are running a forum which is powered by mybb. Previously it was on another domain. then alexa ranking was around 80k.

Now on new domain, its alexa ranking is 244k (as on 17-04-14) and its going ahead faster.

My current advertising earning is only 15-25% of my hosting cost. So I need any other way of monetization. Ad spaces available on out forum. If needed we will remove all existing ads.

Any suggestion/help for better monetization please?
Just need some more info before I can make suggestions... What are you using right now to monetize your forum? Adsense, another ad network, or selling directly? How many pageviews do you get per day on average? What do you need to make to pay for hosting?
What is the focus of your forum? I'm seeing sections for students, monetizing web sites, relationships, and real life. Choose a few boards and add more as needed.
(2014-04-17, 08:51 PM)Scribbler397 Wrote: [ -> ]Just need some more info before I can make suggestions... What are you using right now to monetize your forum? Adsense, another ad network, or selling directly? How many pageviews do you get per day on average? What do you need to make to pay for hosting?

Currently I'm using AdSense and Yahoo Ads. I don't know exactly how much page views I get everyday. But you see yestarday my site's alexa ranking was 244k, today it's 237k. Rank in India= 22k. Rank in Bangladesh = 1.2k (Check now) . As I said in previous post, it was 80k in old domain.

(2014-04-17, 10:53 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]What is the focus of your forum? I'm seeing sections for students, monetizing web sites, relationships, and real life. Choose a few boards and add more as needed.

Yeah, I will add more. Smile
If you use adsense, you can check how many pageviews you get.

Have you tried picking products that relate to your niche using amazon affiliate to promote them? You could also try skimlinks.