MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Uninstalling 'Remember Us' plugin causes havoc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Clicking deactivate or uninstall on the 'Remember Us' plugin by Aries-Belgium causes all plugins in the AdminCP plugin list to disappear from the list, even though they are still present and their settings are still available.

Even when clicking uninstall, and receiving 'uninstall successful' response, the plugin is still showing as present when I reinstall it via Matt Rogowskis great Plugin Uploader utility.

How can I clean out this nasty plugin without causing this problem?
(2014-04-17, 12:31 PM)ArchPrime Wrote: [ -> ]Clicking deactivate or uninstall on the 'Remember Us' plugin by Aries-Belgium causes all plugins in the AdminCP plugin list to disappear from the list, even though they are still present and their settings are still available.

Even when clicking uninstall, and receiving 'uninstall successful' response, the plugin is still showing as present when I reinstall it via Matt Rogowskis great Plugin Uploader utility.

How can I clean out this nasty plugin without causing this problem?

I have run into the exact same problem. When can we expect some sort of reply? Huh
Check the error log file on your server. There might be entries about PHP errors.
(2014-05-21, 08:00 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Check the error log file on your server. There might be entries about PHP errors.
I might not be interested in removing the script if I could figure out how to get it to work. To my way of thinking the purpose of Remember Us is a must have script. When I have hundreds of users, I would like to know which ones are no longer interested in my forum and then I could remove them. I am using MyBB 6.13. Is there a compatibility issue here?
The purpose of the remember us plugin is it sends an automated email to the user that says something like:

Hey {User} it's been a long time. Where have you been? It's been almost: {time} We sure wish you would come back to visit us at site.com

Thanks for being a member of site.com! Hope too see you again Smile
(2014-05-24, 04:11 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]The purpose of the remember us plugin is it sends an automated email to the user that says something like:

Hey {User} it's been a long time. Where have you been? It's been almost: {time} We sure wish you would come back to visit us at site.com

Ace700,

That is all well and good, but only if I could get it to work. So far I don't see how to get it working after I have installed it. Sad
(2014-05-24, 04:53 PM)aznetcowboy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-24, 04:11 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]The purpose of the remember us plugin is it sends an automated email to the user that says something like:

Ace700,

That is all well and good, but only if I could get it to work. So far I don't see how to get it working after I have installed it. Sad
I see the issue now. I take no credit for this

Open Up the file: inc/plugins/rememberus.php

Go to each line and check. Replace it with the the code below.
Line 235:
function rememberus_admin_user_menu($submenu)

Replace it with this:
function rememberus_admin_user_menu(&$submenu)

Line 253:
function rememberus_admin_user_action_handler($actions)

Replace it with this:
function rememberus_admin_user_action_handler(&$actions)

Then look at users/groups tab and problem solved Smile
Quote:I see the issue now. I take no credit for this

Open Up the file: inc/plugins/rememberus.php

Go to each line and check. Replace it with the the code below.
Line 235:
Code:
function rememberus_admin_user_menu($submenu)

Replace it with this:
Code:
function rememberus_admin_user_menu(&$submenu)

Line 253:
Code:
function rememberus_admin_user_action_handler($actions)

Replace it with this:
Code:
function rememberus_admin_user_action_handler(&$actions)

Then look at users/groups tab and problem solved Smile

Thanks Ace700, that did it. I sure appreciate the assistance. Big Grin