MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How come threads on this forum get instant views?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have noticed that as soon as you post new thread here it gets hundreds or even thousands of views how can I have the same on my site?

Also is there some kind of plugin that auto shares new threads to pinging services or social media sites?
I have often wondered the same thing. I always thought it was a bug, not an intended feature.
I am sure that this forum gets a ton of traffic and that can explain all those views but there is still has to be something else? Anyone????
Mostly bots, if you tweet a post it will attract visits and other bots will follow.

Set up an account with Twitter and use http://twitterfeed.com/ to auto tweet threads from your chosen boards, you will notice a lot of views.
Great thanks very much!
Just a whole lot of bots that have built up over the years, probably mostly due to the fact that there are some twitters that post as soon as a thread is posted here, along with random other sites that grab content.
How to make other sites grab my content and is there a plugin that auto shares new threads to social media sites?
Well, there is no magic trick for that, just make your content unique and interesting and other people will grab it.

As for sharing plugin, use this: http://www.communityplugins.com/forum/my...down&did=2 Need to register to download it.
(2014-04-18, 06:17 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]How to make other sites grab my content and is there a plugin that auto shares new threads to social media sites?

Twitter APIs have been changed so much over the last year that most Twitter share plugins don't work. For search engines, you can submit your site for indexing and what not. I wouldn't recommend this approach to try to get activity on your site, as the bots are just useless consuming bandwidth unless the bot is actually indexing your content somewhere, in which case I'd suppose it'd be "OK" for SEO.
Thanks very much guys.
Pages: 1 2