MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox Position/Misc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the sidebox is above where its supposed to be on the thread list and thread pages, but its fine on the main page. i put unmodded templates of both pages in and its nothing i modified in there. i tried replacing anything i modified or looking at anything i could but i cant get the sidebox where it should be

i had to reinstall mybb so all my templates are new again and for now im not having this problem yet. but if theres anything i should know or can adjust please let me know

[attachment=31392]

[attachment=31393]

[attachment=31394]

the manage sidebox thing comes with the sidebar like 160px, i cant figure out how to change the width. i did see in the admin area a different thing to choose the modules and i could choose the width once. i cant find it anywhere in the admin area anymore. and you could choode the modules from a drop down. am i correct or was it maybe another sidebar i was trying at the same time

and how can i change the latest threads from from 10 to 5
Hi tunescool,

(2014-04-17, 10:49 PM)tunescool Wrote: [ -> ]the sidebox is above where its supposed to be on the thread list and thread pages, but its fine on the main page.

The way ASB works is by editing templates from the cache. It inserts its start and end points by searching for certain text in the template.

Go to ACP -> Configuration -> Advanced Sidebox -> Manage Scripts[tab] -> Show Thread and examine the Header Search Text

The default is {$ratethread}, meaning that ASB will start side boxes just below the thread rating in the template.

The template that is being edited is ACP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> Your Theme -> Showthread Templates -> showthread

(2014-04-17, 10:49 PM)tunescool Wrote: [ -> ]the manage sidebox thing comes with the sidebar like 160px, i cant figure out how to change the width.

Previously the column widths were controlled in an ACP setting and were global, now ASB allows control of column widths on a per page basis.

Go to ACP -> Advanced Sidebox -> Manage Scripts[tab] -> [page name] and look for the width settings 3/4 down the page.

(2014-04-17, 10:49 PM)tunescool Wrote: [ -> ]and how can i change the latest threads from from 10 to 5

In ACP -> Advanced Sidebox (main page), click the edit icon on the Latest Threads side box and then view the Settings tab and the first setting is labeled 'Thread Limit'.
thanks

all ive done in the thread list page is put the search on top. the sidebox was on the thread list page yesterday, and i changed the width on that page and the thread page after your reply. the sidebox doesnt show on that page

http://thenotablenook.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20

<div class="float_right">
{$searchforum}
</div>
<div class="float_right" style="padding-right: 10px;">
{$newthread}
</div>

the thread page is fine, i did change the position of the rating when i had the problem, i guess i just cant move it. i just changed where the reply button and the rating were

and the sidebox takes the footer with it. this is a new install both mybb and the mod i havent done much to it yet.

[attachment=31395]

im new to mybb and seen while searching that i could change where the sidebox displays in the Manage Scripts page. so it works in the thread list page and i was able to move the rating where i wanted and have the sidebox show properly

i still need the footer back

and i need to attach the sidebox to the forum list, so its all like one page not seperated
It is very hard for me to tell you how to do what you want without a little experimentation. Would you feel comfortable exporting your theme and posting it (as you want it to work with ASB) so that I can install it on a test host and see how to make it work?
sure

[attachment=31397]

i said forumlist but i need to have it attached on every page. i only use it on the main page, thread list, and thread page

dont mind if anythings out of place, all the links are screwed up when you hit them, they work tho. i was trying to change certain ones but havent figured it out yet

thanks
Okay great. I have to go out tonight but first thing tomorrow I will download and check it out.

I'll get back to you then.
did you get to look at it

how can i get padding on the header
I apologize for not getting back yet. This has been an exceptionally busy week. Please give me a bit more time.