MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I cannot import database to new server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ERROR 1115 (42000) at line 30: Unknown character set: 'utf8mb4'

I am using webmin control panel, and I use MySQL version 5.1.73.

and My old server was using 5.5.36-cll - MySQL Community Server.

How to solve this problem? Big Grin
It's a server problem. Your version does not support that character set, you should upgrade your mysql to the version you used to export this file.
Any another way? I would like to convert it to utf-8, because upgrade mysql is not easy to do. Sad
You could change the character set line to say utf8, but there is a good chance that will corrupt the data.

You could also possibly go back to the old server, change all the tables back to utf8 and export again, this should only cause 4-byte unicode characters to be lost.

Upgrading MySQL would still be the best option.
(2014-04-20, 02:08 AM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]You could also possibly go back to the old server, change all the tables back to utf8 and export again, this should only cause 4-byte unicode characters to be lost.
How to change all the table back to utf8 in mybb Cameron? I was googling but not found anything
You'll need to do it through something like PHPMyAdmin or the MySQL CLI, use something like this, except replace the instances of uft8mb4 with plain old utf8: http://dba.stackexchange.com/a/21684

Again, you're stripping bytes from some characters, so you may lose those characters (Or they'll shop up as two separate characters) from posts and such.
(2014-04-20, 03:52 AM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]You'll need to do it through something like PHPMyAdmin or the MySQL CLI, use something like this, except replace the instances of uft8mb4 with plain old utf8: http://dba.stackexchange.com/a/21684

Again, you're stripping bytes from some characters, so you may lose those characters (Or they'll shop up as two separate characters) from posts and such.

Sorry it still makes me confusing with the tutorial. Can you explain step by step? I am newbie for mysql