MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Forum Got hacked!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well in an unfortunate event yesterday my forum www.funforums.net got hacked and I've lost last three months of data.
All the registerations in past three months are lost including all the posts and discussions.
I was really pissed off at it, but I had no back stored, the last back up stored was of 3 months ago, so that I had to blame myself.
But this is really bad, what do you guys think could cause this? Admin account was hacked and the password was changed, thought my password was generated by lastpass so that couldn't have been guessed and was strong 100% too.
But how to cope with this? I know backups are a solution, but how can we stop something like this from happening in the first place?
(2014-04-20, 08:24 AM)shamzblueworld Wrote: [ -> ]Well in an unfortunate event yesterday my forum www.funforums.net got hacked and I've lost last three months of data.
All the registerations in past three months are lost including all the posts and discussions.
I was really pissed off at it, but I had no back stored, the last back up stored was of 3 months ago, so that I had to blame myself.
But this is really bad, what do you guys think could cause this? Admin account was hacked and the password was changed, thought my password was generated by lastpass so that couldn't have been guessed and was strong 100% too.
But how to cope with this? I know backups are a solution, but how can we stop something like this from happening in the first place?

I can not give you my option maybe PM me and i can fix this issue for you?

and give u better points on Security.