MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guests Unable to Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Go to your forum permission link by,

Copying and pasting this entire link in your browser and hit enter.

http://www.bloodmoonrpg.utopiarising.net/BM/admin/index.php?module=forum-management&fid=43

*If you renamed your admin folder, correct it when you copy and paste the link above.

Next
1: Click PERMISSIONS tab

For the GUEST Permission, drag POST THREAD over to the OVERVIEW: ALLOWED ACTION table
do the same for POST REPLIES, drag over to the same table ( as seen in image attached. )
*Do same for POST POLLS if you want.

[Image: hlZyA1y.jpg]

2: Click EDIT PERMISSION
and select whats permitted in each tab ( see images below )

Then SAVE

[Image: nmQyt1y.jpg]
[Image: P7ZmrtL.jpg]
[Image: 0eI8Mjj.jpg]
[Image: Z97aEki.jpg]
[Image: 54EGxir.jpg]

scroll to the bottom of page and click SAVE FORUM PERMISSIONS

now your GUESTS can post/reply in that forum. ( they have to enter MyBB captcha tho ) Smile
PMed you Leefish!

Thanks for the help Vanz! I've already done that, as well as ensuring the permissions were set for Guest to post from the Guest user group.
Ok, I PMd you - it looks like its a plugin as once I disabled all plugins I could post as a guest.
Okay thanks Leefish!

Per my PM reply I disabled KeyCaptcha and still couldn't post as a guest.

Want to go down the list of plug-ins? Or have another guess on which one it is?

Edit: I also thought it might have been the DOB on registration plug-in but it isn't. So we can cross that off the list.
If you can run the board NO plugins - do that - check if guest posting works - then turn them ON one at a time. Check after each one is activated.
LOL I did the opposite I just turned them off and back on one by one.

It was the age restriction on thread prefix plug-in that was affecting it. It was an easy fix though I only enabled it for certain boards instead of the site as a whole and it works fine now. So I can run that plug-in without it affecting the guest friendly forum.

Thanks so much Leefish for your help!! And thanks to everyone else that tried!
Pages: 1 2