MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stuff To Show Certain Groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i moved links in the header and they dont show up rite for admin and members, they show up for guests

the admin
moderator cp
user cp

theyre just links in the header

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php" style="margin-left: 7px;">Profile</a>
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/modcp.php" style="margin-left: 7px;">Mod</a>
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/{$config['admin_dir']}/index.php" style="margin-left: 7px;">Admin</a>

what do i need to get them to show up rite

i also added rules on my posting pages and only want them to show up for members, not admin. what do i need

<div style="padding-bottom: 15px; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">

Posting Pics From The Internet Is Not Allowed. They Are Copyrighted And You Can't Use Them<br/>
Posting Pics That Are Yours Is Allowed. Pics You Made, Graphics, Anything You Own The Right To<br/>
YouTube Is Allowed

</div>
Use Template Conditionals to make links visible to only certain user groups.

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=464
thats about php not html, i wouldnt know how they are in html
it has this for php, and i dont what it would be for html, or how the end if looks, im new to mybb

and i dont know what the group thing would be, the group name or id or whatever

($mybb->usergroup['administrators'])
Just put the links back to proper templates - header_welcomeblock_member, header_welcomeblock_member_moderator and header_welcomeblock_member_admin
i want to keep them where i moved them to, arent there ifs for admin, members, and guests

{if-admin}{/if}
Yes, that is php conditionals in the templates as mentioned by Alex C in the first reply.

Someone else may have to help you with the variables.... This variable was given by Leefish for helping me with another plugin, and may help, but not sure I've got syntax 100% correct.

In your template put:
<if $mybb->usergroup['canmodcp'] != 1 then>blah blah do something something blah blah</if>

That should show something to anyone who doesn't have moderator privileges. You will need the php conditionals plugin installed.
thanks guys, i joined that forum and started a thread there