MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding a 'shadow' to the left and right side of the main table
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there

I am trying to add a shadow effect to the left and right side of my main table to give a raised look to it.

The images I would like to add are [image removed] and [image removed]. I've worked out that I need to add some coding to the css.php template but I don't seem to be able to get the coding correct.

Would someone be able to help me out by providing the code for me? The effect I'm trying to achieve is something that resembles http://www.moonhousemedia.co.uk/forums.

I'm sure this is possible to do.

Kind Regards
James
You seem to have it done already. I see shadows on your main table already, or are you talking about your content table? the one that houses your forum etc.?
No, Cory, that page is what I want to achieve.. at the moment my page is flat.
OH! I thought that was yours. Anyways, I think you can only do that by actually making the side images have that drop shadow effect, then with a bit of HTML fiddling, make your images appear around your forum to achieve that look.
Mine is at http://forums.moonhousemedia.co.uk - I'm basically trying to get the MyBB one to look like the phpBB one. I prefer the MyBB one as it's easier to customise. The 'outer' most shadow is what I want to achieve on the MyBB one. Hope that makes sense.

You'll need to enter a user id and password:
user: waytoblue
password: moonhouse
This topic makes a pop-up appear asking me to log in...stop it please..
Yes, it was explained that a login window is used Aaron.. (see my previous post!) - The forums aren't currently live to all and are only available to testers until they're finished.

Can anyone help me with my original enquiry?
Sorry can't help, on another note though. If you don't want your site open to new registrations. Why don't you use the option to dis-allow new registration on your forum from the admin panel. Rather than using a .htaccess password file tp protect the directory.
Both links lead to the same forum for me. Anyway, the easiest way is to look at the source, find the difference and apply it to myBB I guess.
Gary Bolton Wrote:Sorry can't help, on another note though. If you don't want your site open to new registrations. Why don't you use the option to dis-allow new registration on your forum from the admin panel. Rather than using a .htaccess password file tp protect the directory.

I didn't realise there was such an option.. I'll have to check that out.. thanks Gary.
Pages: 1 2