MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change contact details (MSN, ICQ, AIM, Yahoo) to social
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not a big deal but MSN (or Windows Live Messenger) hasn't been around for a while now and I don't know anyone who still uses ICQ or AIM.

I think this should be really changed to Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Skype.
agreed.
+1 great idea
I have long argued that site admin should be able to manage this.
I think it already has been confirmed that the contact details will be changed in MyBB 1.8.
What would be better than just changing them as different contact methods evolve, would be to have a module in the Admin CP dedicated to adding custom sites and the managing the correct syntax for linking to profiles and for the input of addresses. Pretty much like Matt's Social Sites Toungue.
(2014-04-23, 05:58 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]I have long argued that site admin should be able to manage this.

Agreed, I feel they should be removed as hard-coded fields and maybe a default set of extra profile fields could be made which include all the common social sites.
Yeah, the problem really is right now that these fields are hard coded.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I saw a code commit on Github that moved them to be custom profile fields. So I believe this is already in 1.8.
By default it still says ICQ, Yahoo, AIM etc. no matter if it's a custom profile field or not.
It shouldn't be that by default.
Pages: 1 2