MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permission problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having a problem installing mybb onto my server. I have followed the instructions in the installation file and changed the permissions (via dreamweaver) of the 4 files that need 666 permissions. The problem is when I go to install mybb it gets stuck on the requirements check saying the file and avatar upload directories are not writable. Is this likely to be a server problem or something else, do both the index pages in the avatar and upload files need 666 permission too?

Thanks
Try changing the permissions of the files in your upload program once they are uploaded.
here the list of the file and folders you must give it the 777 CHMD via FTP after you uploaded to your host, not from the dreamweaver.

YourRootFolder/inc/config.php
YourRootFolder/inc/setting.php
YourRootFolder/uploads
YourRootFolder/uploads/avatars
and after you done, remove your install folder, to be able to acces your forum and you ACP
Try CHMODing the directories to 777, and the files 666.
Yep thanks dudes that worked. I used the dreamweaver ftp view and changed the permissions of the files on the server, but it seems not the right permissions (it doesn't say anywhere in the installation instructions to set anything to 777, well from what I can see). Maybe adding that in next update? Or maybe I'm just a bit stupid!Big Grin

Anyway thanks again, no doubt I'll be here again with another problem within the next day or so...
Just a couple of quick question, am I allowed to replace the MyBB Picture in the top left hand corner with something of my own design? And the other one, how do I add ads at the side of the forum? Using the theme section I assume then playing with the CSS?
amp34 Wrote:Just a couple of quick question, am I allowed to replace the MyBB Picture in the top left hand corner with something of my own design?
Yes. You can change the logo via the ACP's theme management.

ACP > Themes > Modify / Delete > *Theme Name* > Forum Logo
amp34 Wrote:And the other one, how do I add ads at the side of the forum? Using the theme section I assume then playing with the CSS?
Via the Template section of the ACP.

ACP > Templates > Modify / Delete > *Template Set*