MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change Avatar Size in ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of my sites caters to a somewhat unique, some might say eccentric crowd. It's entirely about the art and science of corsetry. Spanning the period from the mid-1800s with cotton and linen fabrics to modern times with corsets made of things like kevlar, ballistic nylon, and industrial grade polyester mesh with high grade steel reinforcement.

Anyway the point here is that they want the profile images to not simply show their faces but their face and torso. I found the appropriate place for increasing the size for the avatar or at least I thought I had.

What in fact happens is that the blank space for the avatar grows to 200px by 200px but the actual avatar remains at the original default size with huge white space around it which you can see immediately following the code I've submitted for your reference.

Any solutions that include specific direction as to where the code is located to control the image size would be most appreciated.
.user_avatar {
    height: 200px;
    width: 200px;
	background: #fff;
    border: 1px solid #ccc;
    float: left;
    clear: left;
    margin-right: 5px;
    text-align: center;
}

.user_avatar img {
    vertical-align: middle;
}

.user_details {
    float: left;
    margin-left: 5px;
    line-height: 1.7;
}

[Image: wrong-size.png]

To loosely quote Jayne Cobb: This is starting to damage my calm!

I've been fooling around with these ridiculous avatars for more than a few weeks now.

Help please,

Auriel
AdminCP -> Configuration -> User Registration and Profile Options -> Maximum Avatar Dimensions.

Set your dimensions there.
(2014-04-23, 11:17 PM)thexshadow Wrote: [ -> ]AdminCP -> Configuration -> User Registration and Profile Options -> Maximum Avatar Dimensions.

Set your dimensions there.

In the "Subject" of my post I made it clear that I was referring to the avatar settings for within the ACP. As you can see below I have the regular user setting for avatar size at 200x200 which is huge but that's what they want.
[Image: avatar-setting.png]

Where is it set in the ACP?

Auriel
Sorry, I must have misread, so you want the user avatars on the user profile yo be 200x200, but not in posts? Or 200x200 everywhere?

Can you post your site url?
(2014-04-25, 11:34 PM)thexshadow Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I must have misread, so you want the user avatars on the user profile yo be 200x200, but not in posts? Or 200x200 everywhere?

Can you post your site url?

I need the ability to control the size everywhere. The image has to be large enough to view the torso while clearly recognizing the face. It's a community of Tightlacers and some few Aficionados that qualify for restricted membership. Aficionados in this instance referring to people that do not lace themselves but are generally very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the history, activity, the lifestyle of corsetry and tightlacing in specific.

I really enjoy MyBB as a platform and for the first time feel genuinely motivated to learn php so that I can help with it's development wherever I can be useful however for as many places in the 1.6.x design that are amazingly simple to do there are examples like this that are inconsistently implemented within the system and have been a source of real frustration.

Summerland Engineering Society
http://summerlandengineering.org/

Auriel