MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi i was thinking about making a forum but what do i need, where to buy a domain i was told hostagator is good but like what do i need, please help! Huh

thank you Shy
(2014-04-27, 02:48 PM)WhyMoDz Wrote: [ -> ]hi i was thinking about making a forum but what do i need, where to buy a domain i was told hostagator is good but like what do i need, please help! Huh

thank you Shy
hi you need to have both hosting and domain, did you already have ?
Hi there WhyMoDz,

There are a number of things you need before you can start your forum. First of all, as you were rightly told, you need to buy a domain name. This is the name you type in to access the website. So, for example, mybb.com or google.com. I personally recommend buying from Namecheap, but Hostgator isn't a bad option either.

Secondly, you need web hosting. To start off with you only need a small package, and I would recommend using holderhos (a small but reliable host), or if you want to go for a larger company, Host Dime, although that is the expensive option.
Find hosting here....
i'm recommended domain register at name dot com