MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HOW CAN I GET MY WEBSITE NOTICED ONLINE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With my old php forum I used to rank first quite often in Google, but, since switching to myBB I'm hardly getting noticed at all. Are there some switches I don't have turned on or am I supposed to be running a plugin that I don't have. Sure would appreciate a little help with this matter because my site is hardly getting any traffic compared to when I was using PHP. www.gl1200goldwings.com
No, it'll come with time.
It has been well over a year since I've been using myBB. How much time does it normally take?
(2014-04-28, 12:41 AM)Victorious1 Wrote: [ -> ]It has been well over a year since I've been using myBB. How much time does it normally take?

There's no definite time.

Some ways you could increase traffic include;
  • Making the forum open to the public, being met with a login form can be very deterring.
  • Installing the Google SEO plugin.
  • Adding your website to Google Webmasters and periodically re-submitting your sitemap.
  • Having a giveaway and advertising it with a well planned social media campaign.
(2014-04-28, 12:55 AM)cronhound Wrote: [ -> ][*]Making the forum open to the public, being met with a login form can be very deterring.

That. The only thing Google/other sites can index is the login form, which contains nothing relevant to your site content. Looking at google, they only have 10 (old) pages indexed: https://www.google.com/search?q=site:htt...ngs.com%2F
You have no chance of ranking well on Google if you have to login to see the content. No chance.
Yep, I must admit that I was feeling a little nervous when I read your post that maybe myBB really doesn't play well with google, but then I clicked on your link.

How many people go googling for "You are either not logged in or do not have permission to view this page." ?

That's all your page is saying to the outside world.
I have a suggestion for you ,

Use the google SEO for mybb found here:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/google-seo

Open a google webmaster account and upload a new sitemap in google tools...

I found adding my sites to Attracta worked out very well with the above and within a month's time... I had a tremendous increase in people.
I just have visited your forum. It requires login to see the index page also!! Neither human, nor bots (Google or any other search engines) can access your forums page. So, how google will index your pages?

First of all you have to make your forum publicly accessible. Solution lies there.
(2014-04-27, 11:38 PM)Victorious1 Wrote: [ -> ]With my old php forum I used to rank first quite often in Google, but, since switching to myBB I'm hardly getting noticed at all. Are there some switches I don't have turned on or am I supposed to be running a plugin that I don't have. Sure would appreciate a little help with this matter because my site is hardly getting any traffic compared to when I was using PHP. www.gl1200goldwings.com

Google cannot index what it doesn't see. If all it sees is a login form, then that's all it will know.