MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Confirmed Bug in Merge System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently, I downloaded SMF & tried to use MyBB's merge system (just for testing)

All was working fine, unless i clicked the forum permissions thing.
It at first, as usual, gave me "Importing 327 forum permissions.... 0 left to import .... "
And then, it redirectd & again came to the same page. and said the same thing again.

[attachment=31471]

I tested it again, And it happened again.

Rest all went fine.

May be its some redirect problem.

I used SMF 2.0.1 & MyBB 1.6.10

EDIT:

It is still stuck there. & KEeps on redirecting. I had to pause it.
Here is what it keeps on saying:
327 forum permissions are importing right now. There are 0 forum permissions left to import and 0 pages left.

After pausing it also, it seems not to complete.
It still says resume.
The following forum software are supported by the MyBB Merge System (1.6.0):

bbPress
Invision Power Board 2.1, 2.2, or 2.3
Invision Power Board 3 - Forthcoming (Beta Version in the SVN Trunk)
MyBB 1.6 (Merge)
phpBB 2
phpBB 3
punBB 1.2
SMF 1.1, 2.0 is support 2.0.1 too ?
XMB 1.9 As of the MyBB Merge System 1.6 this module has been dropped due to lack of demand.
vBulletin 3.6, 3.7, 3.8
vBulletin 4 - Forthcoming (Beta Version in the SVN Trunk)
XenForo - Forthcoming
I read that.

but, if 2.0.1 is out, then the dev's must make a merge system for it.

This bug is confirmed. Many people are having this issue.

Let's see, when someone sees this Toungue

infact, I have guessed that Omar will be the first staff to reply here.
There are several bugs within the Merge System. Have you already tried the latest code from GitHub? I remember that Jovan has fixed some lately.
Well I'm not that involved in the Merge System but if SMF 2.x is not officially supported then it is normal for issues to show.

I will take it look an try to understand how the merge system works.
Well, its not working for SMF 2.0 also.

Wink

(2014-04-28, 02:50 PM)King Louis Wrote: [ -> ]There are several bugs within the Merge System. Have you already tried the latest code from GitHub? I remember that Jovan has fixed some lately.

That means the one on mybb.com is outdated.

But I read somewhere that Tom wrote that "We recommend you download from mybb.com and not Github... "
On mybb.com you download the latest "stable" version - on GitHub you download our working copy, which isn't always working. But if you report bugs you should always test our working copy too to make sure the bug hasn't been fixed already.
@Louis,

I will see to it & post here if it also contains the very bug.