MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shown as Different User on Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This morning, when I logged in, everything appeared normal, until I clicked to go to my Forums. I am shown logged in as my account on every page EXCEPT the forum category listing. If I go into a specific forum thread or section, I am back to being shown as my account.

This is happening in both Firefox and Chrome. I have deleted Cache and Cookies. When I try to log out, it takes me back to the home page, shown as myself logged in still. Again, attempt to log out, but it doesn't log out.

I've been using MyBB for a long time, never seen anything like this happen before. I have not adjusted, added, or changed any settings in the last several days.

I can provide Staff an admin login if they need to assist.
Is it happening today only?
Did you change something recently?

forums.php is badly written i think.

Post your forums.php here please.
I'm looking at the response headers and seeing:

X-Served-From-Cache: Yes

What are you using for caching? Nginx's FCGI cache? If so you'll need to configure it to not cache if there is a user/session cookie.
I don't think I have changed anything with the Forums.php. If I have, it would have been nearly a year ago, when my site went live.

It just started this morning. Multiple users are experiencing the same issue. When I go to reply to a thread, also shown as logged in yet another user.

I've added attachments. The Forum Listing.jpg was provided by one of my users, but shows the same thing I am experiencing.

(2014-04-28, 01:50 PM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking at the response headers and seeing:

X-Served-From-Cache: Yes

What are you using for caching? Nginx's FCGI cache? If so you'll need to configure it to not cache if there is a user/session cookie.

I'm not sure what this is. I don't have anything specific set up. Not heard of Nginx FCGI before, or what you quoted.
Well, Its some problem with cache.

When i visited your forum, it showed me as logged in.
(2014-04-28, 01:51 PM)Ohnoto Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure what this is. I don't have anything specific set up. Not heard of Nginx FCGI before, or what you quoted.

Who is your host? Shared hosting or you own/VPS server?

From the headers, it seems as though you're using nginx as your webserver so I just assumed it was on your own server. Nginx has inbuilt support for caching FactCGI content (in this cache, PHP).
To me it seems as though that is what is happening - when you access the page it generates it and a copy of the content is being cached, then that cached version is being served to people who visit the site later.
We're using Host Gator. They are shared servers.

Trying to adjust some settings in admin is not working either. As in, I click to change a setting, and save, and it isn't saving. So, really not sure what is going on with the cache.

It may definitely be coming from my host. I have an email from them about caching, something about shoutbox. I'll look into that.

Sorry for taking up everyone's time. What it appears to be is that too many queries going to the host server from my Shoutbox plugin.

Somehow, the query requests spiked at some point last night, taking up nearly 80% of the shared CPU usage. I am using MyShoutbox (1.7). This is a great plugin, but looks like I will have to disable it on my site.

Due to the high spike in the query request, my host put my site into a "Cache Mode".
(2014-04-28, 02:09 PM)Ohnoto Wrote: [ -> ]Due to the high spike in the query request, my host put my site into a "Cache Mode".

Boy, that is kind of dangerous for them to do without warning. That could quite easily result in user details or other sensitive things being leaked if you had been in the Admin CP and I had tried to load common ACP URLs... Or IPs via the Mod CP.
Yeah,

I've already been discussing with them about that. I sent off a pretty detailed messaged to them last night about how that happened without warning, and the security issues about that. I haven't checked for a response this morning yet.