MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Heavy integration of mybb with website: in-site editing functions needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! Smile
I've integrated mybb 1.2.2 with my website, not only for the purpose to show latest posts, but also to build the complete site's structure and contents.

There are forums under an hidden category; each forum corresponds to a site's section (a single page, like http://www.koronaband.com/site.php/section-8 , where section variable corresponds to the forum id - fid - in mybb's database).

Every forum has got its own posts; each posts corresponds to an attribute of the section: for example, the post with the "CONTENT" title corresponds to the page content, or the post with the "DESCRIPTION" title corresponds to the page's meta-tag "description".
There is an exception: the page title attribute doesn't corresponds to a post, but to the attribute 'name' of the mybb_forums table.

Every forum could have sub-forums; this corresponds to having sub-sections in site, as you can see in the Site map:
http://www.koronaband.com/site.php/section-15

Until now, I've only read from the mybb's db; the site's owner must:
  • go to the posts that correspond to the single section, and edit them with mybb interface;
  • go to the admin cp, and add manually new forums (if he wanted create a new section).

It would be nice to have a single form that lets the user adding / editing the site's section, for example:

Quote:Page title: [________] ---------> mybb_forums.name
Page description: [______] -----> message field of the post with mybb_posts.title='description'

Page content: [______] -----> message field of the post with mybb_posts.title='content'

Is this possible? I'd like to use mybb's own functions, and not touching the db (also for security reasons); comparing to the mycode parsing problem, something like the "postParser" class methods (postParser->parse_message).
And, if it's possible, do I take advantage from the mybb user's input security features?

PS: sorry for my awful English