MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 7 Suggestions for MyBB 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Sir/Madam,
Good Day!

MyBB is my favorite forum software & I would like to suggest to have the following features in the initial release of MyBB 1.8

1. Add JW Player 5 to play Multimedia files which are not hosted on YouTube Dailymotion etc.

2. Currently MyBB Search system is very boring make it like this php script have. Long live search text box in the middle of the board's homepage.

3. If I have implemented a custom MyCode in MyBB board there should be statics in ACP that this MyCode is being used in xxx posts/threads & can view all posts/threads which used this custom MyCode.

4. Rich Text Editor without [ b ] [ /b ] tags etc. like XenForo have.

5. Google Docs support ability to share content uploaded to Google drive.

6. Ability to add icons for each individual forums under ACP.

7. Built-in Like/Unlike Feature for posts & threads.

Best Regards,
(2014-04-30, 09:20 AM)mybbworld Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB is my favorite forum software & I would like to suggest to have the following features in the initial release of MyBB 1.8
Great that you like MyBB, thank you for the suggestions! Here our some of my comments on them.

(2014-04-30, 09:20 AM)mybbworld Wrote: [ -> ]1. Add JW Player 5 to play Multimedia files which are not hosted on YouTube Dailymotion etc.
There are plans to enhance this particular MyCode. See #83 and #450

(2014-04-30, 09:20 AM)mybbworld Wrote: [ -> ]2. Currently MyBB Search system is very boring make it like this php script have. Long live search text box in the middle of the board's homepage.
The search functionality could be improved (through the way it searches and how it displays results) but simply moving it to the centre of the page is something any administrator can do but editing the theme. The search box is fine where it is, if it expands all the better but currently it fits the need. You don't need an overpowering search box in the header, it's something you don't need people's eyes drawn to.

(2014-04-30, 09:20 AM)mybbworld Wrote: [ -> ]3. If I have implemented a custom MyCode in MyBB board there should be statics in ACP that this MyCode is being used in xxx posts/threads & can view all posts/threads which used this custom MyCode.
Quit a nice idea, however I don't know how this will realistically work. MyBB would need to trawl through previous posts (which would be a lengthy and intensive process for larger boards) to generate stats on upgrade not to mention the extra effort with every new post and edit.

(2014-04-30, 09:20 AM)mybbworld Wrote: [ -> ]4. Rich Text Editor without [ b ] [ /b ] tags etc. like XenForo have.
This has already been implemented. 1.8 will be using SCEditor, see https://github.com/mybb/mybb/tree/featur...s/sceditor.

(2014-04-30, 09:20 AM)mybbworld Wrote: [ -> ]5. Google Docs support ability to share content uploaded to Google drive.
This can be achieved using a custom MyCode to display the content in posts but wouldn't support functionality for uploading straight from the forum (this is what the attachment system is for).

(2014-04-30, 09:20 AM)mybbworld Wrote: [ -> ]6. Ability to add icons for each individual forums under ACP.
There are plenty of plugins for that, and I don't see many forums with that sort of thing (these are also non MyBB forums, would you believe it? Toungue).

(2014-04-30, 09:20 AM)mybbworld Wrote: [ -> ]7. Built-in Like/Unlike Feature for posts & threads.
There is plugins for this and I'm sure they will be developed further. http://www.mybbstuff.com/thread-14.html & http://mods.mybb.com/view/thank-you-like-system
(2014-04-30, 07:21 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-30, 09:20 AM)mybbworld Wrote: [ -> ]1. Add JW Player 5 to play Multimedia files which are not hosted on YouTube Dailymotion etc.
There are plans to enhance this particular MyCode. See #83 and #450

I doubt JW Player in-build support will be added by default.