MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Banning, Forum Permissions and WYSIWYG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been playing around with MyBB 1.8 a bit recently (I downloaded it recently from the github link posted in the Development section here so I hope I have a decently up to date version... If not could someone direct me to the up to date version?) and it's pretty good but a few things I think it could stand to have changed/added are:

- Multiple bans at a time.
Suppose you want to ban like 4 IPs or email at a time? You'd have to ban them each individually. Which is not a big deal really. But if you have a list of them then one at a time gets unwieldy. So maybe have a textbox so admins can ban multiple (of the same things, ex- 8 IPs or 8 emails, each thing to be banned on a new line) at once.

- Multiple forum permission adjustments per group.
Right now the way forum permissions are set up is ok. But if you need to adjust a number of them (like if you add a new group) it can get tedious. So with that in mind it'd be good to have a way to list all the forums and then set permissions for all of them (for one group) at a time.

Something like how IPB1.3 handled it. For those who have never seen (or don't remember) how IPB 1.3 handled it... like this. (Is it fancy? No, not really... But it works quite well.)

I also hope there will be an option to allow users to disable WYSIWYG editors and just use the standard version (like we have now that just adds the BBcode tags in).

Personally, I find quoting and adding video or images in WYSIWYG to be generally obnoxious to deal with. (Having to scroll over/under linked in videos to re-read previous parts of a post, removing videos/images if they aren't desired afterall, etc..) Regular old MyCode versions tend to work a lot nicer here.
+1. Got no desire for WYSIWYG. Make this optional please.