MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB worth it as forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know many here will say that MyBB is really worth it as forum, obviously since it is their main site Toungue

However, I've tried both SMF and phpBB. SMF has some decent customization and is relatively easy, but however there is alot incompatibility. phpBB is pretty annoying using mods in, and is easy to break when installing mods. Very fragile.

How is myBB? Is it easy to install mods in? Can I have post ranks?

I have noticed alot of spam attack. I tried to install it on my server, and already 2 minutes after it was installed, 2 spam bots were spamming alot on my board. I can also see I get private messages in here regarding people who want to hand me over some money if I give them my credit card info.

Also, is there a mod to make people login with facebook and twitter, instead of having to create an account (without disabling the opportunity to create accounts though)
Mybb template system is easy to modify and customize.

You need to upload the plugins into inc/plugins directory or as mentioned in the readme of every plugin and then activate it on the admin CP.

You will need Spamalyser plugin and recaptcha system is inbuilt on the MyBB system to thwart spam attack

Yes, you can setup ranks.

Twitter integration mod - mods.mybb.com/view/mytwitter-connect‎
FB integration mod - mods.mybb.com/view/myfacebook-connect‎
(2014-05-01, 09:40 AM)itsmegogo Wrote: [ -> ]Mybb template system is easy to modify and customize.

You need to upload the plugins into inc/plugins directory or as mentioned in the readme of every plugin and then activate it on the admin CP.

You will need Spamalyser plugin and recaptcha system is inbuilt on the MyBB system to thwart spam attack

Yes, you can setup ranks.

Twitter integration mod - mods.mybb.com/view/mytwitter-connect‎
FB integration mod - mods.mybb.com/view/myfacebook-connect‎

I have tried to use myfacebook-connect, but I cannot seem to get it to work.

www.gamehub.dk/forum does not show the facebook login (I have installed it and setup the API on facebook and inserted it into plugin config.)