MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Turn Forum Status Icons/Images Into Actual Link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, first off if I'm posting in the wrong section please do let me know and it won't happen again.

Could anyone tell me how to turn the actual forum icon/image into an actual link itself? Lets say for this particular forum:

http://www.myforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Big Grin

-Mike
Anyone??
Like it is here at MyBB? Where you can click MyBB and takes you to your homepage? If so look in the header templates. I haven't looked recently, but I'm sure it's there.
(2014-05-03, 02:53 AM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]Like it is here at MyBB? Where you can click MyBB and takes you to your homepage? If so look in the header templates. I haven't looked recently, but I'm sure it's there.

Thanks for the reply, but I actually meant the Status Icons/Images that I'm using for each forum. Any idea how? The images of each forum I'd like to make to make clickable. Any idea how?

Thank you!

-Mike
Anyone? I'm also using the 'Ficons' if that's of any help.....
If you make the ficon a link it will break the mark as read functionality.
(2014-05-20, 06:36 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]If you make the ficon a link it will break the mark as read functionality.

Hello Leefish, and thanks for responding! Is there any way around that? I have vBulletin 4.2 for another forum and I have the images as links, and it doesn't break the Mark as Read functionality. I got help with that image link function tho, which is probably obvious or I would not've asked here.Smile And I must say that this here is BY FAR easier to use than vBulletin!

Anyways, any way around that? Thank you Leefish!
have two icons? one for mark read and one as the link?

When I say break the function, it means you wont be able to mark as read from the forum index by clicking on the icon as the click will fire the link; therefore if you go to forum and don't read it or mark it as read from the forum display on return to index that forum will still show as unread.
Perhaps you can use onclick to fire the mark read method (I think that's how you call JS functions) first and fire the href field attribute right after. Trying to learn new things here myself guys :p
(2014-05-20, 07:44 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]have two icons? one for mark read and one as the link?

When I say break the function, it means you wont be able to mark as read from the forum index by clicking on the icon as the click will fire the link; therefore if you go to forum and don't read it or mark it as read from the forum display on return to index that forum will still show as unread.

I really wouldn't want two icons/images, cause one it'd not look right, and to the page load response time would be doubled...ya know?

(2014-05-20, 09:09 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps you can use onclick to fire the mark read method (I think that's how you call JS functions) first and fire the href field attribute right after. Trying to learn new things here myself guys :p

Hello Omar, I must say that I don't have a clue what that means! Toungue Sure wish I did, and when I find more time I'm going to learn PHP, but right now I don't know it....What is onclick, and if that'd just take care of the 'Mark as Read' aspect, how do I take care of the initial question of 'How do I make Status Icons into a live/active link?' Thanks Omar, and look forward to hearing from you!
Pages: 1 2