MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Calendar Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just recently transferred from Jcink to myBB (like a month ago) and run an rpg site in which the time period is at June-July 2013. We were using the calendar to keep track of the timeline of our threads back on the old site.

I wanted to do the same on the new myBB site but the calendar year does not go back to 2013.

My question is, how can I modify the calendar to go back as far as 2013? Is it even possible?

Link to my site
I am not sure on this because I dont use the calendar - but maybe the calendar is linked to the join date of the first user - which is start date of forum? Try changing your join date to 2013?

EDIT: I looked - it is actually possible to reach 2013, but only by clicking backwards in the dates at the top - I guess you want 2013 to show up in the year dropdown at the bottom?
Hey Leefish!

OMG I feel so stupid that I didn't see it was possible. It would be nice for 2013 to show up in the drop down since all of our use of it is going to be in 2013. It would just be easier than manually flipping through the months.

EDIT: Actually, in posting an event while I click to post in June 2013 the "Add Event" screen will only allow me to put it in 2014. There is no 2013 option even though I clicked to add the event from the June 2013 date on the calendar. If that makes sense to you, sorry if I don't use the proper terminology. Ask if you need me to explain. Smile

I'm also not sure how to change my joined date.
Like i said - I cant test because I have disabled calendar on my board. What you can do is go to PHP my admin and change the join date of user1 in the database.... (backups would be wise here)

SCRATCH THAT - its the same on MYBB too - the year to select is always THIS year.
Alrighty. Thanks for trying Leefish! I appreciate it! I can try a different way to track threads then. Smile
Well, I did find out what it was - its the MyBB my_date function - the calendar uses it to build the dates. I tried an appallingly dirty hack - which was to change the my_date $stamp variable in functions.php. That did work, but you should not really do that and I have done no extensive testing to see what else blows up.....

It would be a nice feature to have a plugin so that certain calendars use a different start date.

Pm'd you with a patch.
Awesome! I'll try it out! Thanks Leefish you rock!
This is the file I used:
Nope, still no 2013. Disabled and enabled the calendar and used your php file.

Not sure why that's not working for me. I can find an alternate way to keep track of threads so don't kill yourself trying to get this to work. Smile
Ok, I am sorry it does not work; it did work for me so hmmm.

Your board is lovely by the way - great design.
Pages: 1 2