MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Features (Revision)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey i just want to post some ideas to impove these features. Firstly the quick edit

Quick Edit

1. Full Edit Button - Well just because it doesen't have one and it would be useful for one of these to be made in the next Mybb

2. increase and decrease - i know this is a plugin all ready but it is much easier for a person who types alot

3. Ajax Editor - Like the One Either in vB or IPB. it just need a few buttons like bold, underline, url etc...

4. spell check button - I know theres an spell checker in firefox but (for ie people) i think it would be good to have something like this in the future. (use iespell as vB use that)

Quick Reply

1. increase and decrease - i know this is a plugin all ready but it is much easier for a person who types alot

2. Ajax Editor - Like the One Either in vB or IPB. it just need a few buttons like bold, underline, url etc...

3. spell check button - I know theres an spell checker in firefox but (for ie people) i think it would be good to have something like this in the future. (use iespell as vB use that)

(NEW) Quick Thread

On the forum display page there should be a quick thread box at the bottom and with that will be a title box and context box. This is good as most people i know types a new thread but takes time for the new thread page to load ALSO this will be something oringal as it has not been made on any other forum types.
Jag100 Wrote:Hey i just want to post some ideas to impove these features. Firstly the quick edit

Quick Edit

1. Full Edit Button - Well just because it doesen't have one and it would be useful for one of these to be made in the next Mybb
Can you explain what you mean? When you click the edit button below the post, you can choose either Quick or Full edit already.
Jag100 Wrote:3. Ajax Editor - Like the One Either in vB or IPB. it just need a few buttons like bold, underline, url etc...
To clarify, you are referring to the "MyCode Toolbar." Sorry to burst your bubble, but the toolbar employs no AJAX at all Wink

Personally I think loading the toolbar takes away from the impression of "Quick" -- it takes time to load.
Jag100 Wrote:4. spell check button - I know theres an spell checker in firefox but (for ie people) i think it would be good to have something like this in the future. (use iespell as vB use that)
There is already a thread about a spell checker. Please continue discussions there.

The comments above also apply to the same suggestions you made for Quick Reply.
Jag100 Wrote:(NEW) Quick Thread

On the forum display page there should be a quick thread box at the bottom and with that will be a title box and context box. This is good as most people i know types a new thread but takes time for the new thread page to load ALSO this will be something oringal as it has not been made on any other forum types.

This can probably be a quick template modification that can be done (haven't checked the backend to see if it can comply though) that emulates a stripped down version of the newthread form.

Also on a side note, I'm sure there are other things that take longer to load Wink
http://mods.mybboard.com/view.php?did=310
You can get Quick thread (next month I make plugin for that)