MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions about upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm afraid after 1+ year of using MyBB, I'm still not understanding what exactly is going on. If I could get some clarification here...

--- 4 templates were supposedly upgraded...

misc_smilies_popup_smilie
modcp_nobanned
modcp_reports_multipage
modcp_reports_report

In 'UPDATED TEMPLATES' only misc_smilies_popup_smilie shows as being updated. Is that correct?

All except for misc_smilies_popup_smilie show as blue. I don't remember ever editing misc_smilies_popup_smilie, but it shows up as green.

The only difference is *style="cursor: pointer"*, which is NOT part of the current template (shows as pink in diff report). Should it be part of the current template? I mean... Is that part of the upgrade? Or did the upgrade remove that statement...?

--- Another question is in regards to language files -

The instructions say "There are changes to 5 language files. Changed languages files can be cross-referenced from the list above. "

In the list above, I'm not clear on which language files are changed, nor do I know if I'm supposed to do something manually, or if the upgrade script has made the necessary changes??

Thanks for any answers here. Cheers.
Yes, you should add style="cursor: pointer" inside misc_smilies_popup_smilie template.

You need to upload language files just like any other. If you have only English files, that's all you have to do. If you have other languages, this note indicates that you need to translate new/changed phrases in the listed files, if you want them to be complete.

Also, questions like that should be rather asked here: http://community.mybb.com/forum-162.html
You're correct. I apologize for the incorrect area. Perhaps a mod could move this then rather than starting a new thread.

1. Am I correct in assuming, that for this upgrade only admin language files have been edited, other than modcp.lang.php?

and

2. "That's all you have to do" - meaning that the upgrade script has already taken care of any English updates. Correct?

3. What about the other templates that were supposed to have been updated with this upgrade, yet don't show in updated templates - Is that because I haven't made previous mods to those templates, so they don't show up in updated templates area...
The way it is supposed to work (as I have come to understand it) is that when you check updated templates any listed templates have been changed in the installation package since you last upgraded your forum.

To see what has changed, view the diff report and anything highlighted in pink/red is missing from the current template, but present in the master template. Anything highlighted in green is present in the current template, but not in the master template.

When you have made custom edits to your templates, you will see those additions in green and those deletions in red-- this is where you have to do a little checking to make sure which add. del. are upgrades and which are your own custom changes. I just open the actual template in one tab and the diff in another and work out anything that I am unsure of.

Again, this is just how I've come to handle it-- there are probably easier ways.
So just to confirm... In the area that says 'updated templates', the template won't show there unless it's a template that's previously been modded/customized by admin.... As opposed to showing templates that have been updated by an upgrade and not previously modded/customized.

To break it down -> Based on the install notes there are 4 templates that were supposedly updated in the 1.6.13 package, however they do not show up in 'updated templates' in ACP. Is this how it should be?
Yes, if you have made no changes they automatically update. However, if the template is changed then you get the list of updated templates. This protects your custom theme templates from obliteration when upgrading.