MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help solving login/logout issues already tried all troubleshooting HELP!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all I'm new to the mybb Community forums! I am experiencing difficulties with my forum scriptingmonkeys.com

I am sure all of you have heard about the famous login/logout issues well I just transferred my site to a vps and I have tried everything possible to try to fix this problem I have changed chmod for /inc/settings.php to 666 I have deleted settings.php so it could create a new one fresh from the database I even checked my domain cookie and prefix which are all correct .scriptingmoneys.com for the cookie domain and / for the prefix! I am not getting a blank or white screen or anything like that It logs me in successfully but then brings me back to my main homepage and it doesn't show that I am logged in until I press a button like members list! Can anyone else offer any trouble shooting tips please? I have attached a image so you can better understand So when the user logs in it takes them back to (refer to the image i attached ) Also when you try to logout it doesn't work! I can log out just fine but other people are having problems,what is happening!! please I need some help with this!

This problem was located in .htaccess and mod_expires This was crazy hard to figure out! but got it taken care of!
Hi Snoopy,

I am facing the same problem. I have uninstalled/re-installed the forum umpteen number of times ., but it doesnt seem to work.
Tried everything on the login problems sticky.

Would you like to share what changes in your .htaccess help you.

My .htaccess has the following code

# BEGIN EXPIRES
<IfModule mod_expires.c>
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresDefault "access plus 10 days"
ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType text/plain "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/javascript "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType application/x-icon "access plus 1 year"
</IfModule>
# END EXPIRES

(2014-05-14, 03:45 PM)shktndn Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Snoopy,

I am facing the same problem. I have uninstalled/re-installed the forum umpteen number of times ., but it doesnt seem to work.
Tried everything on the login problems sticky.

Would you like to share what changes in your .htaccess help you.

My .htaccess has the following code

# BEGIN EXPIRES
<IfModule mod_expires.c>
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresDefault "access plus 10 days"
ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType text/plain "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/javascript "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType application/x-icon "access plus 1 year"
</IfModule>
# END EXPIRES

Got it !! removed the ExpiresDefault part.... Works smooth !!