MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to transfer your forum to another host (Tutorial)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
heres what i have done.
1. taken a back up from my original website.
2. put that backup into the backup folder of that script
3. download /admin and /inc directory from original web
4. uploaded the script folder to new cpanel
5. uploaded the /admin and /inc which was backedup from actual website to new server
6. went to URL mynewsite.com/dumper
7. its asking for database username and pass
8. what the hell is the DB pass?
I've done what you've said, and entered the database username and password, but when the next page comes up, I choose the only available option for the database to restore to it, but in the box under that there was no options to choose from at all. Am I doing something wrong? btw I used the details from the database I created on the new host, am I supposed to use the old ones?
[attachment=14693][attachment=14693]
Got some problem here. what will I do with this?
thanks you!
Could anyone possibly do this for me? I'm not good at transferring servers and I've failed doing this twice. It would be greatly appreciated.
:/ Make a thread in services.
sorry for being a noob..

can anyone tell me what happen?

i transfer all the files from my old hosting account to a new one..

and that what ive encountered anyone can guide me?

[Image: 2vshizp.png]
Check your config file.
ive already checked my config file and change them all to what my new hosting site have..

and still the same Sad
Okay, so I was having problems with step 13, but I realized I was making a small error in where I uploaded the backup file. Now that I've got past that, when I go to my forums, it's still trying to connect to my old SQL files and gives me an error.

Any suggestions on how to fix it?
This post is very useful .

But can any one help me, How can I Host my forum in 2 webhost. Is there any way.
I mean 2 webhost and 1 forum.

Don't laugh if this question is weird, But I just thought this will help me to save my few bucks by not buying VPS server. Big Grin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7